Having spent my career working in factual TV I aim to tell great stories that will keep audiences entertained, informed and engaged. My own interests are in social history, literature and heritage subjects and I always aim to uncover something new when creating films for television.
Working across teams in BBC Features, Arts, Daytime and Development I have proven myself to be adaptable, reliable and taking a creative approach when it comes to finding new stories to tell.
My key skills include:
- location directing – single and multi-camera
- directing on-screen talent and contributors
- scripting across a variety of subject matter – be it a short VT about farming, a 45 minute antiques format or a 60 minute social history documentary
- edit-producing to tight broadcast deadlines
- coming up with original stories across the U.K
- finding and casting contributors – be they famous celebrities, experts in their field or members of the general public
- casting actors for historical reconstruction
- sourcing specialist archive including free to use material
- securing access and filming locations from grand stately homes or castles to military bases to private premises
- shooting on XF305, C300, FS7, GoPros and sound on a 302 mixer